MONEXgroup provides financial transaction products and services for commercial and non-commercial enterprises. Those products and services include payment card issuing and payment processing services, fraud monitoring services, front and back office customer service and card production services, (collectively referred to as the “Services”). Please be aware that not all of the information in this Policy will be directly applicable to our handling of your personal information. This Policy provides an overview of the possible circumstances in which we may interact with your personal information. MONEXgroup collects personal information from users of our Apps who might be our customers, prospective customers, and customer end users who engage with our Apps as part of the Services we provide. Because MONEXgroup’s relationship with end users is often indirect, we process end users’ personal information only for the purposes of providing the Services, in accordance with our customers’ instructions. Under applicable privacy laws, in this context, MONEXgroup would be considered a service provider or processor. If you are an end user who has a relationship with one of our customers and you have a question about how your personal information is collected, used, or shared, or would like to exercise any rights you may have with respect to your personal information, please contact our customer(s) directly.
Personal Information We Collect
Personal information can be described as information that can personally identify you, such as such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number. Through our Apps, subject to your consent if required by law, we may collect the following personal information:
- Personal identifiers, including name and contact information such as your telephone number, email address, or postal address
- Information to protect against security breaches, including your financial account information, your username and your password
- Certain commercial information, such as your access and purchase history, the products and services we provide to you, your marketing preferences, or information you provide in any communication with us or when you participate in any blog, community or forum on our Apps
- Your Internet/electronic activity, which is further explained below in the “Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies” section
- Your professional or employment related information(such as your status with the organization with which you are affiliated or information you provide as a job applicant)
- Your Geolocation
Subject to your consent if required by law, we may anonymize or aggregate your personal information in such a way as to ensure that you are not identified or identifiable from it. We may use this anonymized or aggregated data for statistical analysis including to analyze trends, for product development, and for risk assessments and cost analysis. Subject to compliance with applicable law, we may also share anonymized or aggregated data with our affiliates, service providers, customers or other third parties.
How We Collect Personal Information
To provide you with a better customer experience, we collect personal information from several sources when you engage with our Apps or Services. Those sources include:
- When you provide information to us: We collect personal information that you provide to us when you set up an account with us, use our Services, or communicate with us. For example, if you register for an online account with us, we may request your name, contact information and business information. Providing us with personal information about yourself is voluntary, and you can always choose not to provide certain information. If, however, you choose not to provide us with certain information, your access and use of our Apps and Services may be limited.
- When 3rd parties provide information to us: We may collect information about you from third parties in the course of providing our Services to you. For example, we may collect personal information like your name and contact information from a referral partner or other third-party in order to contact you about the Services we provide.
- When certain information is automatically collected: When you visit our Apps (or when you use any of our Services), we may collect certain information about your location, device usage, or your device itself through technology such as cookies. We may also collect geolocation in the Apps for the purpose of enabling location-based Services.
How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
Subject to your consent if required by law, we may use your personal information for the following business purposes:
- Providing our Services and related support, which can include: helping fulfill your requests for products and Services; communicating with you about your use of our Services; responding to your inquiries; and providing troubleshooting and other technical support.
- Protecting the integrity of the Services, which can include: verifying your identity; detecting and preventing fraud and unauthorized activities; facilitating software; preserving the integrity of the Services and our systems and preventing unauthorized access and activities; enforcing our applicable terms; and protecting the rights and safety of others.
- Analyzing and improving the Services and our business, which can include: analyzing how users access and use our Services; evaluating the Services and our business operations; developing new features, offerings and Services; and conducting surveys and other evaluations.
- Personalizing the Services, which can include: tailoring content we send or display on our Apps and Services (e.g., for your geographic area); offering personalized help and instructions.
- Advertising, marketing and promotional purposes, which can include: reaching out to you with more relevant ads and to evaluate, measure and improve the effectiveness of our ad campaigns; and contacting you about our Services, and those of our affiliates, as well as other information that may interest you. Where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent to use your personal information for marketing and related purposes.
- Securing and protecting our business, which can include: protecting and securing our business operations, assets, services, network and information and technology resources; investigating, preventing, detecting and taking action against fraud, unauthorized access, situations involving potential threats to the rights or safety of any person or third party.
- Defending our legal rights, which can include: managing and responding to actual and potential legal disputes and claims, and to otherwise establishing, defending or protecting our rights or interests.
- Auditing, reporting, and varying our corporate governance and internal operations, which can include: auditing and assessing our operations, privacy, security and financial controls, risk, and compliance with legal obligations; auditing and assessing our general business, accounting, record keeping and legal functions; maintaining appropriate business records; and enforcing company policies and procedures.
- Complying with legal obligations, which can include: complying with applicable law, legal obligations and legal process, such warrants, subpoenas, court orders, and regulatory or law enforcement requests.
Our Legal Basis for Collecting and Using Personal Information
Our legal basis for collecting, using and storing personal information is one or more of the following:
- Consent: In some cases, we will ask you for your consent to use your personal information, such as when we are using personal information for direct marketing. You can withdraw your consent at any time by using the tools we have provided (such as unsubscribe mechanisms in electronic mail) or by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Legitimate Interest: We process some personal information for the legitimate interest of MONEXgroup, our affiliates, customers and other parties with whom we share personal information to enable us to provide the Services. Those legitimate interests include, providing and maintaining the Services; detecting, preventing and investigating fraud or other unlawful activity; and detecting, preventing and investigating potential security issues. When we rely on legitimate interest for collecting and using personal information, we have procedures in place to ensure that we are balancing our interests and rights against the impact to the individual and their applicable statutory or fundamental rights.
- Performance of a Contract: Sometimes we process personal information to perform our obligations under an agreement with you or with our customers, or with both. For example, we use payment information you provide when you engage in a transaction with a customer.
- Other Legal Bases: In some cases, we may have a legal obligation to collect, use or store your personal information such as in response to a court order or at the direction or a regulatory authority. We may also use your personal information to protect our legal interests or to exercise, establish or defend a legal claim.
How we Share the Personal Information we Collect
We share your personal information in the manner and for the purposes described below:
- With MONEXgroup affiliates where such disclosure is necessary to provide the Services or to manage our business.
- With third-party service providers whose systems, applications, products or services help us to provide the Services. For example, we share personal information with IT service providers who help manage our back-office systems or administer our Apps. These service providers have agreed to confidentiality restrictions and have agreed to use any personal information we share with them, or which they collect on our behalf, for the purpose of providing the contracted service to us.
- With our customers with whom you are also engaging when you use the Services. For example, you may be using a MONEXgroup App to log into your account with our customers. MONEXgroup will share the personal information you provide in order to fulfill your request. You may also receive communications from these customers. Each such customer operates independently from MONEXgroup and their collection and use of your personal information is not subject to this Policy but to their own privacy policies.
- With other third parties including financial institutions such as Visa® and MasterCard® Card services, and banking institutions involved in supporting, clearing or settling payment-related transactions.
We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
Our Relationship with Affiliate Companies (Including Sharing & Cross-Border Transfers)
Subject to your consent if required by law, we may appoint an affiliate company to process personal information in a service provider role. In most cases, we will remain responsible for that company’s processing of your personal information pursuant to applicable data privacy laws. Because our affiliate companies are located around the globe, your personal information may be transferred to and stored in Canada, the United States, or in another country outside of the country in which you reside, which may be subject to different standards of data protection than your country of residence. We will take appropriate steps to ensure that transfers of personal information are in accordance with applicable law, are carefully managed to protect your privacy rights and interests and limited to countries which are recognized as providing an adequate level of legal protection or where alternative adequate arrangements are in place to protect your privacy rights.
Login Details & Your Responsibility
Subject to your consent if required by law, we will collect and process your personal information as necessary to set up and administer your sign up to, and use of, the log in facility available on our Apps. We will use “cookies” to “remember” the machine or other device you use to access our Apps (see “Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies” below). Please remember that if we contact you, we will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited email, message or phone call. If you choose to use the log in facility available on our Apps, you are required to adhere to the security procedures we establish in the documentation we provide you as part of the Services.
How we Protect and Dispose of Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. Please remember that communications over the internet such as emails are not secure. We seek to keep secure all confidential information and personal information submitted to us in accordance with our obligations under applicable laws and regulations. However, like all website operators, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted through the internet. When we no longer need your personal information to provide the Services, it will be securely deleted or de-identified in a manner that ensures you cannot be re-identified. Where we are collecting or storing your personal information on behalf of our customers, the retention of your personal information may be subject to our contractual obligations to our customers.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
A “cookie” is a text file that is stored to your browser when you visit a website. Unique device identifiers like IP addresses or UDIDs recognize a visitor’s computer or other device used to access the internet. Unique device identifiers are used alone and in conjunction with cookies and other tracking technologies for the purpose of “remembering” computers or other devices used to access the Apps. Cookies can be classified by duration and by source:
- Duration. The Apps use both “session” and “persistent” cookies. Session cookies are temporary – they terminate when you close your browser or otherwise end your “active” browsing session. Persistent cookies remember you on subsequent visits. Persistent cookies are not deleted when you close your browser, and they will remain on your computer or other device unless you choose to delete them (see below for “How to Delete or Block Cookies”).
- Source. Cookies can be “first-party” or “third-party” cookies, which means that they are either issued by or on behalf of MONEXgroup or by a third-party operator of another website. For an example of a third-party cookie, our Apps may contain features like videos hosted by other companies, which would set a cookie that can be read by the host. Our Apps may use both first-party and third-party cookies.
The cookies that we may use on the Apps fall into the following categories:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions taken by you such as logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but blocking them may impede the functionality of the Apps.
- Performance Cookies. These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our Apps. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies enable the Apps to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some of these services may not function properly.
- Targeting Cookies. These cookies may be set through our Apps by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant advertisements on other sites. They are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
How to Delete or Block Cookies
On some Apps, when technically feasible, we will enable tools to help you make choices about cookies. You may also delete or block cookies at any time by changing your browser settings. You can click “Help” in the toolbar of your browser for instruction or review the cookie management guide produced by the Interactive Advertising Bureau available at www.allaboutcookies.org. If you delete or block cookies, some features of the Apps may not function properly.
MONEXgroup may provide links on our Apps to other websites that are not under our control. We do not endorse or make any warranty of any type regarding the content contained on such websites or products and services offered on those websites. We make no representation regarding your use of such websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of the operators of other websites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Apps and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal information. This Policy applies solely to information collected by us. You should read any other applicable privacy and cookies policies carefully before accessing and using such other websites.
Managing Your Preferences
We will take steps to seek to ensure that any direct marketing from us and which is sent by electronic means will provide a simple means for you to stop further communications, in accordance with applicable law. For example, in emails, we may provide you with an “unsubscribe” link, or an email address to which you can send an opt-out request. In addition, if we need your consent for direct marketing communications under applicable law, and if you provide your consent, you will be able to change your mind at any time.
Your Legal Rights
If you use our Apps for the purpose of engaging with one of our customers and have questions about legal rights you may have with respect to your personal information collected by our customer(s), please consult the customer with which you have engaged. Subject to certain exemptions, and in some cases dependent upon the processing activity we are undertaking, some users, including European Union residents and residents of the state of California, may have certain rights in relation to their personal information. You can find more information about these rights here and here.
Our Apps are not intended for use by children. We do not solicit or knowingly accept any personal information from persons under the age of 18. Please do not use this website if you are under the age of 18.
Changes and Updates
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to modify, update, add to, discontinue, remove or otherwise change any portion of this Policy, in whole or in part, at any time. When we amend this Policy, we will revise the “Last Updated” date located at the top of the document. We will also take reasonable steps to ensure you are made aware of any material updates including providing you direct communication about such changes, as appropriate. If you provide personal information to us or access or use our Apps after this Policy has been changed, you will be deemed to have unconditionally consented and agreed to such changes. The most current version of this Policy will be available on the Apps and will supersede all previous versions of this Policy.
If you have questions about this Policy, or if you want to exercise your rights as described in this Policy, you may contact us as follows:
Money Express POS Solutions US Inc. (dba MONEXgroup)
Attn: Privacy Officer
1675 South State St., Suite B
Dover, DE 19901
In order to honor any access or deletion request, we will require you to provide enough information for us to verify your identity. For example, we may ask you for information associated with your account, including your contact information or other identifying information. If you designate an authorized agent to make a rights request on your behalf, we may require proper proof of that authorization as well as direct verification of your identity from you.
Last Updated: December 20, 2021